Join us in-person or online!
The 15th Annual Associations Forum National Conference will be held on 15-16 December 2020 at the Royal International Convention Centre, Brisbane.
Hundreds of senior executives, Board members, and experts in their field will gather to lead discussions on the key issues affecting the associations, charities and not-for-profit sector.
For general enquiries, please call the team on 02 9904 8200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any sponsorship enquiries, please contact our partnerships team on +61 2 9904 8200 or email email@example.com.
Value for money
Member: $990 (in-person) | $792 (online)
NFP Non-Member: $1320 (in-person) | $880 (online)
Data Security, Recovery & Analytics
Times have changed and data has become the prime commodity of all organisations; including not-for-profits. The security of data is a constant concern, but the effective use of analytics is also essential. This session will address:
- the legalities surrounding data security
- how to effectively analyse data to ensure a successful organisation
- what to do when there has been a security breach
Challenges of Association Sponsorship & Partnerships
Sponsorship and partnerships are one of the primary methods for many associations to gain income. This has been a challenge in the past year and the strategies associations have previously implemented for this income source have needed to be altered to accommodate the new circumstances. This panel discussion will consider:
- the growing importance and popularity of custom packages
- the significance of the difference between a sponsor and a partner
- the impact the sector has on the continuation of deals
Growth and Decline in Association Finances
Finances are very important to an association's future stability. In an organisation, the Chief Executive Officer, Finance Manager and other executive managers need to understand their responsibilities regarding their financial management; especially when association financial situation changes. This session will look at:
- who holds what responsibility in the organisation
- financial impact the pandemic has had on associations
- financial strategies for 2021 onwards
Amanda Linton, Chief Executive Officer, Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
Developing Successful Membership Strategies
Membership is integral for most not-for-profit organisations; particularly associations. In order to have a successful membership strategy an organisation should look at the whole cycle of membership; how you recruit, engage and retain your members. This session will look at this cycle of membership and demonstrate different processes that you can use to ensure that your membership development is successful and relevant to your organisation.
Sue-Ann Fresneda, Director – Business Development & Membership, Master Builders Association Queensland
Matthew Connor, General Manager, Membership & Marketing, Australian Dental Association
Organisational Restructures: The Positives and Negatives
Associations have, over time and through circumstances beyond their control, discovered that their structure, purpose and member needs have altered over time. This panel will discuss:
- why they made the decision to restructure or merge their organisations
- the initial changes that have been faced by the leadership and membership
- if the process was worth the effort and resources necessary to succeed
Association Events: Viability and Sustainability
Events are an essential commodity for all associations. During the past year, the events sector has been significantly impacted and has had to turn itself on its head. How associations will approach their events needs to change while still meeting their members' needs. Discussion during this session will include:
- re-evaluating events strategies for the next few years
- the potential re-growth of the events sector
- how associations have been impacted and will continue to be impacted due to the affected events sector