PROGRAM OUT NOW!
Register before 1 March 2020 for a chance to win a trip to Seoul, Korea! More info here.
The 15th Annual Associations Forum National Conference will be held on 22-23 June 2020 at the Royal International Convention Centre, Brisbane.
Hundreds of senior executives, Board members, and experts in their field will gather to lead discussions on the key issues affecting the associations, charities and not-for-profit sector.
For general enquiries, please call the team on 02 9904 8200 or email email@example.com.
For any sponsorship enquiries, please contact our partnerships team on +61 2 9904 8200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Value for Money
Member: $495 (Single Day) | $990 (All Days)
NFP Non-Member: $660 (Single Day) | $1,320 (All Days)Register now
Data Security & Disaster Recovery
Security is a primary concern for every organisation and the possibility of a data breach is a major concern for not-for-profits due to the type of information that is collected. This session will delve into:
- what legalities are necessary to ensure security
- how to manage your data to ensure security
- what actions to take after a security breach
Challenges of Association Sponsorship & Partnerships
One of the top three methods that associations gain income is through their sponsorship and partnership programs. Although, the importance of these programs are very much based on the type of sector the association represents. During this session we will have knowledgeable individuals commenting on:
- the perceived differences of partnerships and sponsorship
- the current trends in building packages
- how and why each sector may approach the issues differently
The Disasters and Growth of Association Finances
Financial issues within associations are an ongoing issue. The knowledge of what your responsibilities are as a Chief Executive Officer, Finance Manager, or other executive manager regarding the financial management of your organisation is imperative to a successful association. This session will look at:
- cautionary tales of what has gone wrong
- who holds what responsibility within the organisation
- what the key legislations are specifically for the not-for-profit sector
Developing Successful Membership Strategies
Membership is integral for most not-for-profit organisations; how to recruit, engage and retain your members is the question we all want the answer to. During this session, we will look at the cycle of membership and demonstrate some simple processes that you can use to ensure that you have successful and relevant membership strategies.
Organisational Restructures: The Positives and Negatives
Associations will often find that their structure and purpose does not meet the needs of their members over time as their members needs and industry changes. This panel will discuss:
- the purpose behind restructuring
- the initial challenges they faced
- whether or not the process worth the effort and resources
Event Viability: Are Events Stagnating?
Associations hold events for various reasons, such as a need to hold the events for profit, as a service to the sector and members, and as a part of their purpose. During this session, the audience is welcome to join the panel at any time to participate in the discussion on topics such as:
- experiential vs. purpose-driven events
- how to evaluate the success of an event
- using international destinations to boost the event
In partnership with Tourism New Zealand